My Collections

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Favorite Card of Mine

I have had lots of excitement going on recently! :) Both in regular life and in my little scrapbook world. When I have found actual time to scrapbook, I've been doing it for some challenges. I made this card last week for the 2Peas color challenge. And I have to say, this is one of my FAVORITE cards ever in my history of cardmaking. One of my favorite techniques I used on this card is very simple-- I recolored my gray Amy Tan chipboard Thickers with a Sharpie that was the color of my patterned paper. I love how the blue popped on my white circle! And I think I am falling in love with doilies. I just LOVE the elegance they give to, well, EVERYTHING! This is definitely one my favorite cards. Ever. 

Have a fabulous Hump Day! :)

2 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Your card is lovely! I like the contrast of the worn wood pattern behind the dainty lace and buttons. It's fun to re-do stickers and alphas and they can go with whatever you are using. :)

craftykellyj said...

Yep. Love doilies here too. My hubby saved me one with a coffee stain on it and I just can't bear to use it!