My Collections

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Happy Happy Happy {summer vibes}

Hello! 

It's been a while! Well, I am now a MARRIED woman ;) and life is fabulous. Kevin and I got married on Saturday, November 12th, and the day was simply amazing. It was more than I had ever dreamed of, and everything went perfectly. I had several people tell me, "Be prepared for something to go wrong, because something will." But nothing really did! The night before the wedding, after rehearsal, there was a little scare that we didn't have the mom's corsages, but that was solved the next morning when we found them. 

I will try to share some photos of the wedding whenever I get them. I know it will be a while before we get the professional photos back, but I will have to ask around and see if anyone has some snapshots of our day. 

For our honeymoon, we spent a week at an all-inclusive resort in Cancun, Mexico. It. Was. Amazing. We didn't want to come home. :) But here we are. I guess there's this thing called reality. I am traveling with Kevin (he was already traveling for work before we got married), so I might be blogging more considering that I will be stuck in a hotel room a lot of the time! :P I'm looking forward to it though. I love traveling, plus having my hubby around will be a great plus. 

I suppose it's better late than never to share a card I made with my Summer Vibes collation. :) The collection is still available in the Pretty Little Studio shop, so make sure you pick some up before it is discontinued! I made this card for my good friend Katie back in September. I think this was the very first project I made with my Summer Vibes line and it's one of my favorites. It turned out even better than I had expected it to.  


To make the cute sentiment, I stamped the letters on various patterned papers (Shoreditch alpha stamp set from Kelly Purkey) and then cut them all out. I typed the extra parts of the sentiment (the "belated birthday" part) with my typewriter and then adhered it all down. I added some machine stitching to make the card more textured. Also, the gold polka dot pattern that I used for the background of this card is actually VELLUM, which I think is super cool. I'm a fan of gold foiled anything, though. 

I'm very happy with how this card turned out, and I hope Katie liked it too! :) 


Hopefully I'll be back soon with some more crafty adventures! 

SaveSave

1 comment:

MJ's Kraze said...

Love the card and all things gold foil. I just glittered a set of candles gold.
Glad your wedding went great and Congrats.