My Collections

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Favorite (and having fun with feathers)

Ok so I hadn't tried the feather trend on my layouts until now. I personally don't think feathers fit on scrapbook projects, but when I saw THIS challenge over at Scrapbook Circle, I thought I might just try feathers out. I dug into my little sister's craft supply, which is in my scraproom, and found some beautiful bright pink feathers I thought I might be able to incorporate with the Uncharted Waters collection from Glitz. PLUS, there's a challenge going on at the Glitz blog to just make a layout using mostly Glitz goodies. It's a partnership with the Gossamer Blue kit club. How cool is that?! I used a lot of what I have! Unfortunately, I only own the papers from this collection, so I didn't use a TON of their product, but I still think it turned out pretty spectacular!

Something I'm trying a little different is lightly adhering my projects together. This adds some dimension to my pages, which I've been lacking for a while. Well, some of my recent layouts have been lacking anyway. I like the "popped up" look between each layer of paper. Love me some paper. :) I diecut the title with my Cameo (I need to buy a new mat and blade SOON) as well as the arrows.

Thanks for stopping by! Next week is Spring Break for me-- yippee!!









3 comments:

katie said...

This layout is so beautiful, amazing, adorable, etc! love it. I love the bright pop of pink the feathers give! :)

Andrea said...

awesome page heather! I love all the washi tape and the cluster at the bottom! I am not a fan of the feathers either... but I DO need to use the feathers that came in the SC kit!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the pop of Pink from the feathers, Heather!! It looks great with the Navy background! And your layouts are never lacking...they are all fabulous!