My Collections

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sketch + Studio Calico

Hi there! I just have to squeeze in one more post today! I guess that's what happens when you schedule a post and then want to actually post on the same day! :) 

I made this card from a Paper Issues sketch, and I wanted to share it here so I can link it up to their challenge! I love using sketches. It helps give you a starting point. I also love using kits. Especially Studio Calico kits. I started subscribing to their scrapbook kit this past August, and let me just say-- it's fantastic. It's not necessarily that the kits are a good deal, but more that their kits are trendy and eclectic. It's a treat to myself. :)

So using a kit AND a sketch made for a pretty easy card! I like using SC scrapbook kits for making cards because I like the larger variety of embellishments the scrapbook kits offer. Sometimes the stamps in the scrapbook kit can even be used to make cards, such as the one this month! 

Sketch: 


My take on it, using November's Walden kit.


Thanks for stopping by and looking at my card! I need to go send this to someone now. :) 

-Heather

P.S. Here is a link to my Studio Calico gallery if you want to see any of my other projects I've made with SC kits! ;)

2 comments:

janet said...

This is such a great card!!!

Jennifer Chapin said...

Thank you for participating in the sketch challenge at Paper Issues! You are the winner! Please email me at chapinjennifer at yahoo dot com and I will get you hooked up with your prize :)