My Collections

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hello Cactus Card {The Cut Shoppe}

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite cards ever on The Cut Shoppe blog!!

I used my new inks from A Beautiful Mess to color the cactus. How, you might ask? Well, all I did was put some of the ink on an acrylic block (like what you put clear stamps on) and then used a water brush to blend the colors onto the diecut! I used two colors, grass and peas, to color the cactus. I think this is one of my new favorite go-to techniques because now I have lots of pretty inks to use! For the background, I used basic watercolors. I wanted an ombre sunset look, and I think I achieved that! I added in washi strips and machine sewing in-between the paint swatch looking diecuts to add some texture to the card. 



I don't think I ever would have imagined a card basically made up of diecuts turning out to be one of my favorite cards, but it is! I think all the different textures is what draws me to this card. I just love texture! 


Be sure to stop by The Cut Shoppe blog, where I share more about this card there! 

1 comment:

CalleLillyCafe said...

This card is super cute!