My Collections

Saturday, October 26, 2013

*Selfie*

I have a fun new page to share with you today! I love participating in sketch challenges (if you haven't learned already), so I couldn't pass up this sketch from the Paper Bakery.



I am loving the look of the paper being wrapped around the edges of the page… the patterns running off the page look so eye-catching!

So, here's my page I made with the sketch. I rotated the design 90 degrees.






I am loving all of the new American Crafts lines lately, and the Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party line is no exception! I only have the paper pad from this collection, but that alone has lots and lots of fun patterns to play with. I added in a piece of paper from the Studio Calico "Thataway" collection and a piece from the new Maggie Holmes "Flea Market" line, but the rest is all Dear Lizzy. 

I am a HUGE fan of papers that have "fussy-cut-able" papers, meaning you can cut designs out of the papers. Like, say, flowers! There is one piece in the Polka Dot Party paper pad that has lots of clusters of flowers on it… quite possibly one of my favorite designs ever! I will be able to get SO many cute flower embellishments out of that one paper. So, that being said, I used the flower paper that I was mentioning above for this page. Flowers are so pretty and fun! Even though it's fall time, I have no problem using lots and lots of flowers any time of the day. ;)

Lately I have been loving the trend of black and white. There are so many things out there in home decor, fashion, stationary, -and let's not forget scrapbooking- that focus on the trend of black and white. I switched my photos from color to b/w so they would pop off the page more. I added some black and white papers and some white mist circles. Plus some gold glitter on the circles and some other gold accents. 

As always, thanks for stopping by my blog. :)
-Heather

7 comments:

katie said...

This is very eye-catching!! Awesome!
I really like how you rotated it, you always have such great takes on sketches. :)

craftykellyj said...

Love this layout!! The paper off the page is amazing! And you know I love selfies...

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome Heather!! Love the Polka Dot Party papers with your b&w photos and the wood veneer frame you added! And you really rocked the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Oh I love this Heather, the colors, your take on the sketch and of course all the AC goodies!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Bakery!

Tegan said...

This layout is so awesome! I love that you rotated the sketch and the colors are just so yummy and with a little woodgrain added too-- Just awesome! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Bakery!

MarLeah Beverage said...

So cute! and so cute of you!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a fabulous take on the PB Sketch!!! Thanks for playing along!!!