My Collections

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Stand Out... My Last SFTIO Layout

I'm sharing my last page that I made with the October Scrapbooking from the Inside Out kit, "Belonging." I hope you bear with me through one last word-y post. I really enjoy sharing "me" through these pages.






Stand out.

What does that mean? You could stand out in a lot of different ways. For me, standing out is my life's motto. Haha. I don't know if you have noticed this before on my pages, but I wear skirts all the time. 

No, I'm not pentecostal. Just to get that out of the way. ;)

I have worn skirts all my life. I am comfortable in them. I remember one time someone at school dared me to wear pants. Haha. Not gonna happen. The only pants I ever wear are pj pants. No, I'm not Amish. Yes, I have electricity. Yes, I shave my legs. (To clarify, I had someone ask me that one time. WHAT?! Just because I wear skirts means that I don't shave my legs???) No, no one tells me what to do. I believe what the Bible says pertaining to modesty, and I believe modesty includes wearing skirts if you're a girl. 

So, in this way, I don't "belong" in society. I'm pretty sure you could find me in a crowd. There's that "girl who always wears skirts." Yup-- that's me! I stand out this way. And I'm TOTALLY ok with that. Sometimes I go shopping and see all the crazy stuff people wear and I remember I don't need to be ashamed. People stand out in ways that I would NOT want to. And I'm alright looking the way I do. 

By the way, my friend MarLeah took this photo of me. :) Check out her photography blog HERE. I'm sure she'd love it if you'd stop by!

Design of the page… well, this was the fastest page I made with this kit. I knew I wanted my photo in the center of this gorgeous star trail map pattern from Allison Kreft's Recorded line for Webster's Pages. I layered some patterns, along with some stickers from the MME Cut & Paste sticker skeet that came in the kit and some Elle's Studio tidbits. 

Oh-- and see that awesome heart stitched tag? That's from Amy Tangerine's Cut & Paste line. The tags come with little holes punched in them and all you have to do is sew it! The hand stitching adds so much "prettiness" to the page. ;) 

I used an Elle's Studio tabbed card to write my journaling on and I hid it by just slipping it down in between the layers. It's not really that the journaling is too personal, it's just that I thought it would mess up the eye flow of the cluster in the center of the page.

So there's the behind-the-scenes look at my last layout made with the awesome "Belonging" kit from SFTIO. Be sure to check out the kit HERE and the SFTIO blog HERE

Thanks for making it through another long post! I have enjoyed sharing my "inside world" with you. :)



3 comments:

katie said...

I love the stitched tag! did you do it, or was it already stitched? :) Awesome page!

Also, don't worry about what other think! Have you seen what some people wear?? haha. There's nothing wrong with skirts. ;) (except when you're riding a bike.. then it gets tricky.)

MarLeah Beverage said...

Heather, you couldn't have said it better! And I've been loving these posts about you, too! I hope you will continue to do a few even after this project. :D

Doing, Loving, and Walking... (Micah 6:8) said...

Hey, Girl! I have enjoyed looking at your blog. You are very talented! (but I already knew that!) :)

Hope you are having a good day!
:)