My Collections

Monday, May 19, 2014

Click Click

I just have to share this layout that I created last week that I am completely in love with! :)




I was itchin' to scrap the photos I took of Laura in our photoshoot #41875… so I printed my 3 favorite photos and got to work! I had this die cut in mind that Wilna Furstenburg made for 2peas as a free silhouette download that I wanted to use for the title. I thought it was so cute! And I used one of my current favorite lines: Amy Tangerine's "Plus One" line. I found that background piece of paper and then built my layout from that, using the little brushed colors in the top right corner to dictate my color choices. 

As usual, I layered lots of different patterned papers around my photos. I used different textured embellishments to bring more "fun" to the page. Plus, I'm entering this layout into Scrapbook Circle Challenge #74: Don't Let Anyone Dull Your Sparkle. The challenge was to, of course, use something sparkly on your page! I used some sparkly star stickers from Heidi Swapp, gold washi tape, and also a little resin rosette to add some flashiness to the layout. Just a little bit-- not overwhelming.

I watercolored the "click click click click" title. Originally I wanted the title black, but when I die-cut it in black, my silhouette messed it up. I think the problem was that the cardstock I used was low quality. Instead, I used some of my favorite heavy weight card stock the second go-around and it came out perfect. Yay! White was just too boring though, so I used my watercolors and my handy dandy water brush to color the title bright yellow. 

Thanks for stopping in and visiting my blog! Have a fabulous day! :)
-Heather

2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Love the mix of photo sizes and color and b&w prints, Heather!! And the watercoloring looks awesome on the die cut tite!!

MarLeah Beverage said...

Aw! Cute bow! And I love the framing and dark background at the tunnel!