My Collections

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Washi Tube Valentines {mambi}

Have I told you I LOVE Valentine's Day?! Well, I do. It's my favorite holiday EVER. Maybe just because around this time there's lots of hearts and red and pink everywhere, which happen to be a few of my favorite things. 

I've been busy making lots of different Valentines for my friends and family, and I am up on the me & my BIG ideas blog today showing these repurposed washi tape tubes! 

First of all, if you want to visit the post on the mambi blog, click HERE. I will give a lot more details there than I will here. ;) 


Basically for these, I hot glued some patterned paper onto a tube that the HAPPY PLANNER™ washi tape comes packaged in. I recently received the 7 (!!!) new washi tape sets that me & my BIG ideas released at CHA and so I had a lot of these empty tubes laying around. I KNEW I needed to DIY something with them. :) 


For the woodgrain tube, I layered some clear white stickers on top of the patterned paper. I used lots of mushy gushy love phrases. :) There's also a large clear doily-looking sticker on the pink chevron tube, but it doesn't really show up well in the photos. 

I used two new washi tape patterns (both hearts... both my new faves) along the top edges of the tubes to add some interest. Then I simply glued some paper on the "hangers" on top of the plastic tubes and embellished them with some more stickers.


I can't wait to give these to someone for V-Day. I might even stick a little note in with the treats. ;)


Have a great Wednesday, everyone! 

No comments: