My Collections

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Stamping on Cards

I've been wanting to get better at using stamps on my cards. As you can see in my latest haul (click HERE to visit the post), I have lots and lots of new stamps to get inky.

Today I'm sharing a few cards that I've made recently that utilize my stamp collection. 

This first one is my favorite. I stamped the strawberries from the Fruity stamp set by Studio Calico + One Little Bird I bought recently. I LOVE puns and berry puns always get me! :) I'm learning that I like several "layers" to my stamping, meaning they can't just be one image in one color repeated over and over. Here on this card, I made some of the leaves different colors for a little bit of a twist, added some small light pink flowers around the card design, and then topped it off with some gold splatters. I really love how this one turned out, and even though it's a one layer card, there's so much prettiness going on on it. 



This next one is a card that I made just because I needed some creative time that particular day. I got out my Studio Calico Confidant 6x8 stamp set that I won last year in an Instagram giveaway and used some new images that I have never inked up before! I used some Studio Calico dye ink for this card and blended some of the color after I stamped the images. I LOVE Studio Calico ink. It is water based, so when you use a water brush on it, it will blend and mix beautifully. 


You can see some of my water brushing here. 


This last card is a sweet and simple card. I wanted to make a masculine birthday card to have on hand, and hopefully these blues aren't too girly! ;P The sentiment is a super old stamp I had my stash (I believe it's from Kaisercraft) and the brush stroke is from a Gossamer Blue stamp set. 



Do you like stamping on your cards? I'm learning to love it! :)

1 comment:

MJ's Kraze said...

Lovely card. I love stamping since I got my MISTI two years ago. Over the weekend I reorganized my stamps in those Avery bags that Jennifer McGuire uses and I couldn't believe how many sets I had, a little over 100.