My Collections

Friday, January 26, 2018

You're My Favorite

I haven't played along in a scrapbook challenge in a while. Way back when, I basically created to enter challenges. I think it was the novelty of winning things and getting free happy scrappy mail that made me want to enter challenges. Then I went through a phase of creating basically for design team projects. Now, I create for my Pretty Little Studio design team, but everything else is free and just-for-me. 

When I saw this mood board challenge that Clique Kits is hosting, I was immediately inspired by all of the images! I believe all of these photos were taken at Creativation this year by one of the Clique Kits ladies. So basically I think of this challenge as a "trend" challenge. 

Here's the mood board:

And here's the traveler's notebook spread that I made for the challenge. 


The picture that stood out to me most in the mood board was the watercolor palette. I loved all of the colors, so I got out my Jane Davenport watercolor set and swatched out all of the colors in the exact order of the inspiration photo (I used watercolor paper so it didn't warp.). Next, I took lots of different alphabet stickers and made a "ransom note" title. I'm not usually a fan of this look, but I think it looks very cute and whimsical on this page. I think using only black and white alphas helped it not look too crazy. :) I love cacti, so I added a sticker from a Crate Paper sticker sheet. Lastly, I layered some tissue paper fringe behind my title in lieu of the layered tassels in the mood board. And that's basically it! I added a few extra touches, but that is it!   



Do you like playing along with scrapbooking challenges? If you want to play along with this particular challenge, click HERE to view the Clique Kits Facebook page. :)

No comments: