My Collections

Friday, July 1, 2011

Saving your Scraps

Here's a card I made to submit to Creating Keepsakes for a "scrap saving" technique a while ago that I thought I might share with you today.

All I did was glue strips of patterned paper diagonally to the card, trimmed the edges, and ta-da! It makes a fabulous background for your card! I topped the edges off with some stitching so the strips don't look like they're just "there." For the "hello" label, I was inspired by the Unity Stamps logo. If you don't know what that looks like, then you'll just have to google it because I don't think it'll load quickly here at home. :) I diecut 2 separate shapes with my Cricut and layered them so that it looked similar to the Unity logo.

Thanks for coming to look at my blog! I am leaving this weekend for a little trip, so I'll be blogging back on Monday hopefully. :) Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

MarLeah Beverage said...

So cute and summer-ish... <3