My Collections

Sunday, March 8, 2015

I'm Doing Good...

... at not posting consistently. LOL Every time I think, "Ok, let's keep the blog updated!" something happens and I go without posting for a long time. I wish I could make blogging go in my schedule, but then I stress about it and I HATE being stressed about fun things like that. 

So instead of stressing, I will just go ahead and post something since I'm thinking about it. ;)

I made this layout a couple of weeks ago, right after we got back from celebrating Valentine's Day at the beach. My favorite time to scrapbook photos is right after something has happened. Right after we get back from a trip or immediately after I take a photo so I don't forget the significance of the snapshot. 

This photo was one of my faves from the beach. What's funny about it is that I am not the affectionate one when it comes to hugs and kisses. Like, hardly at all. Laura, on the other hand, is very touchy. Sometimes we will be talking while sitting on my bed and, eventually, Laura will touch me somehow. Whether it's laying her head on my lap (or sometimes her feet... ick!), giving me high-fives, hugging me, or... I don't know what else. She just always SOMEHOW makes skin contact with me. LOL 

So when Dad was taking these photos, I decided to be crazy ;) and act like I was kissing Laura on the cheek. You can tell she was like, "What are you doing?!" C'mon Laura! It's Valentine's Day! <3 


I used mainly items from the Studio Calico Cirque kit. Although I am no longer a subscriber to SC, I do have friends that send me bits and pieces of the kits! :) I think I have said it before, those gem stamps are my favorite. I was so inspired by the way that April Foster used the stamps on one of her layouts, "TWO." Stamping these gem outlines on patterned paper makes me super happy. 



Alright, that's it for right now. I hope you still enjoy reading my (sporadic) blog posts. ;) Let me know what you'd like to see more of! Cards? Process videos? Project Life spreads (that I have yet to post)? Life posts? Have a fabulous week! 

-Heather

No comments: