My Collections

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Two Cards I've Made this Week (and some good news!)

I have a couple of cards to share with you today that I have made this week! :)

This first card is for the Pretty Little Studio Think Outside the Box challenge. I really liked the colors of this stocking, so I used them for my Thank You card. I got to use some of my NEW Cosmo Cricket "Clementine" mini deck that I got from my scrappy Secret Santa!


And then this card is for the Frosted Designs Card Challenge. I loved this sketch, and I really needed to make one last Christmas card for a friend, so I used the sketch to make it! It made it so much easier!

I got a new woodgrain embossing folder from Hobby Lobby and I wanted to try it out. AWESOME! I love it! It's Hobby Lobby brand, but it works just like a Cuttlebug or Sizzix folder. It's great. I would highly recommend this folder to anyone- the texture looks great on kraft paper. I got to use my new October Afternoon paper and goodies on this card too! (Good Cheer line)



And my GOOD NEWS...
One of my card was spotlighted on the Jillibean Soup blog! YAY! Check it out here.

8 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Great cards! And Congratulations on being spotlighted on the JB blog! Your work is so pretty and original.
Thanks for sharing! :)

MarLeah Beverage said...

That is awesome, Heather! The wood embossing looks really nice. : )

Ann said...

Love this card! The wood-grain background is amazing - I may have to get this folder for myself!
Thank you so much for joining us at Frosted Designs!

Joanne said...

WOW! I agree, the wood grain embossing folder is great! I'm going to have to check out the Hobby Lobby in my area for their folders! Thanks for that info! You did a super job with our sketch! Luv the mug and the swirl of steam coming from it, very cute! So happy to have you play along with us at Frosted Designs. Aloha, Joanne.

craftykellyj said...

Congrats Heather! So happy for you...and the card is so adorable! I love that wood grain effect too. I'm going to have to check that out. I don't go to Hobby Lobby nearly enough as I should!

Stampalicious said...

I love that coffee cup! so cute, thank you for joining our challenge at Frosted Designs, hugs, martina

Eli said...

Great job with the sketch. Merry Christmas.
Eli (Frosted Designs)

Lydia said...

I really like that woodgrain embossing! How cool is that?! What a great card. So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs!