My Collections

Friday, June 13, 2014

Sunset in the City

So, I've kinda fallen in love with the artsy look on scrapbook pages. I love using gesso, paint, gelatos, etc. to create unique layouts. Here's a layout I made a few weeks ago and am just getting around to sharing. I know, shame on me. 


I actually laid the diecut stars (it was a background diecut) on the layout then painted over them with white paint. Then, I lifted off the stars and used a chevron roller stamp from Glitz to add some texture to the white paint. After the paint dried on the stars, I used some blue watercolors to add some color. Very slight and subtle color. After everything was dry, I put the star diecuts back on the page, but at a slight angle. So it stars didn't match up perfectly with the painted negative. I also splattered some light blue mist drops onto the page, too. 



Totally used my stash on this layout. Most of the products I used are from Basic Grey's "Hipster" line and "Fact and Fiction" line. 

You might notice something odd on this page-- that there's no journaling! Yeah, I noticed that after I finished the page. Actually, I started writing straight on the background and it was WAY too busy, so I used the black and white triangle washi tape to cover up my boo-boo. I added some journaling on the back of the layout. 

Hope you have a fabulous weekend! I'm hoping to scrapbook some this weekend! :)

-Heather

No comments: