My Collections

Monday, July 7, 2014

Picture Perfect Day

So I'm being a good girl and sharing a layout that I haven't posted here on the blog yet! I made this for a Hip Kit Club sketch challenge a couple of months ago. 

I used the Cosmo Cricket "Saltwater" paper for this layout. Since this was a beach page, I thought I better use up my beach-y themed paper! Which, really, the patterns I used weren't very beachy. The bold blue floral print that I used for the smaller piece of paper inside of the yellow paper was a bit too much for the page. So I used some gesso and painted over the pattern. I had to scrape most of the gesso off, though, because it was making it to where you couldn't see the pattern at ALL. Oops. Then I added some blue watercolor to look like water after the gesso dried.  


I diecut the "picture perfect" part of the title with my Cameo and then painted it with some mist from Studio Calico. I LOVE this shade of pink. Then I added "day" with my favorite thickers. ;)



Enamel dots and epoxy brads are some of my favorite embellishments. 


Thanks for stopping by! I will have more projects to share soon! :)

-Heather

1 comment:

MJ's Kraze said...

Cute page. I have some of this collection left. I love that mist color. TFS.