My Collections

Thursday, March 31, 2016

MINI ALBUM tutorial {mambi}

Hello! I don't know if you've seen the new expandable paper pads from me & my BIG ideas, but they're amazing! Basically they're folded sheets of gift wrap put into a little booklet form. You can tear out the page and it's larger than a normal 12x12. Therefore you can use it for things that you don't want to have to seam two papers together for. 

For instance, I covered a mini album with some patterns from THIS specific paper pad. Here's a little tutorial on how I did it! 

SUPPLIES NEEDED: 
- chipboard album
- roller adhesive
- scissors
- x-acto knife (not pictured)
- papers from expandable paper pad
- paper trimmer
- acrylic paint
- paint brush


1. Trim paper to fit album. Because these papers come folded, you can mark where you need to cut and then fold and fit them into your paper trimmer!


2. Paint the edges of your album. This gives a nice finished look. TIP: Paint around the rings on the inside of the album as well-- this will help hide any mess-ups you might make when cutting the paper to fit around the rings.


3. Add roller adhesive on one side of the album and place paper on. Add adhesive as you go. (TIP: DO NOT put adhesive on all at once. If you do this, your paper will more than likely get stuck where you don't want it to stick.) Trim corners with scissors if your album has rounded corners.


4. Repeat step 3 for inside. Use an x-acto knife to trim around inner rings. 




I used an elastic band from the HAPPY PLANNER™ line of products to hold my album closed. I like that now I can add in as many pages that I want and can still hold it closed! I'm so excited to fill this mini album now that it doesn't look pain and boring. 


Visit the mambi blog to see this project! :)



No comments: