My Collections

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

XO Layout

Do you watch scrappy Youtube videos? I love them. I watch them a lot. One of my favorites is Adele from Inkie Quill. Her videos are so pretty, for one, and I love how she lets her personality shine through her voiceovers (and her laughing isn't loud and obnoxious like some are!!). I thought I'd channel my "inner-Adele" and make a layout kind of in her style.

It all started out when I wanted to make something paint-y the other day. I had bought some turquoise Dina Wakely paint for Hobby Lobby. I bought it because of Adele, too. She used it in one of her videos and I thought it was the most GORGEOUS shade of blue. And I found it at Hobby Lobby! So I wanted to use my new paint, and so I swashed some on a piece of cardstock, thinking I'd layer some different paints and stamps. But when I started, I remembered the reason I don't play with paint that often: I HATE the drying time! Seriously! It's so frustrating waiting for the layers to dry before you can add more to that page. Yes, you can use a heat tool, but I left mine with Mom since she probably uses it more than I do. 

Anyways, I ended my artsy endeavors at 4 different layers. Haha. I mixed old products with some new goodies that I have recently purchased to embellish the page. I'm really pleased with how this layout turned out! I even added some word stickers and tiny wood veneer like Adele does on so many of her pages! It was kinda fun doing something different and not normally my style! 






Have you ever tried making a project channeling another papercrafter's style? Let me know in the comments! :) 

No comments: