My Collections

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Miss Caroline Kind of Fun!

Hi there! I'm getting back in the scrapping groove, and I completed another layout this week! Yay! I used a Let's Get Sketchy! sketch for this layout (which you can find here). I loved this sketch, except I only had one vertical photo to use. FYI, I hardly ever take vertical pictures. I usually just take horizontal photos so I don't have to tilt the camera! :P

I am so blessed to have so many new goodies to use. I hardly can use all of them! (That's why I'm on a spending freeze, right?) I used my new My Mind's Eye "Miss Caroline" paper for this layout. I think that butterfly paper is my FAVORITE piece of patterned paper of all time. :)

And an interesting fact... I told myself when this line came out that I did not like that real-woodgrain looking paper. And now look at me... usin' it and lovin' it! It's a great background piece-- much more interesting than a piece of cardstock, I think.

Thanks for stopping by. :) Lots of love--
*Heather*

14 comments:

jenessa said...

Haha I didn't like any of the wood papers from that line at first either. But then I bought all of it and love it =) Very cute LO! Thanks so much for playing along with us at LGS!

Martine said...

beautiful page! love the pp's and the lace! great colors! glad you joined us this week at LGS!

mai/titi said...

so lovely page!I Like the use of the journal!
Thanks for playing with us at LGS!

Charlotte said...

I love your mix of colors and I love how you used the sketch. Than woodgrain paper looks good with all the Spring/Summer colors. :)
Thank you for playing along with us at LGS.

Melinda Garner said...

Love all of the pps! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

Lovely layout Heather!!! I love the woodgrain backround :)

Heather M said...

I normally wouldnt like the woodgrain paper but I liked it with the flowers for some reason. I have to get playing with mine pretty soon.I also like anything butterfly. I like your colorful words & flowers.

Laurie said...

love it! this line is one of my new faves this year, can't get enough of it, and I love what you did with it, very nice take on the sketch, love the colors against the woodgrain paper! thanks for playing along with us at lgs!

Tabitha said...

Gorgeous lo! Love the wood background! Thanks for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy!

Auntie Em said...

Great LO! I love the wood papers and can't get enough of them. This one makes such a great background for your pretty papers. :)

Kerys said...

Love these papers and great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS :-)

Unknown said...

Hi there, love the layout and this collection.... just so you know you can always modify the sketch and use a horizontal photo, or you can crop your vertical photos to be horizontal. Either way, we really appreciate you joining in on the fun at lGS!

Unknown said...

Great layout! Thanks for playing along at LGS!! :)

craftykellyj said...

Yeah totally love that woodgrain. I need to get some!