My Collections

Thursday, August 15, 2013

I Love Summer & Friends

Hello from Pigeon Forge! :) We are on a family vacation and I happened to bring along some scrapbook stuff. So of course, I had to make a page. I saw the Paper Bakery Sketch and I knew it would fit perfectly with my Gossamer Blue July kit and Paper Bakery Capture 365 July kit. These kits mixed so PERFECTLY. I couldn't have asked for more awesome products to work with. They are the perfect summer combo. I will be using this more in the future, believe me.

Here is the sketch I used:

I had seen a layout by one of the PBK design team members where she flipped the sketch so that the photos were on the right side. I actually started out doing it that way, thinking that was the way the sketch was. Then I noticed that the sketch actually had the photos on the left. I ended up liking it better that way anyway! 

I loved the diecut card from the Simple Stories Sn@p collection that came in the PBK Capture 365 kit. And I am trying more and more to use "premade" titles, like ones on journaling cards, background papers, diecuts, premade phrases, etc. So this one I knew had to be used. I didn't want it to say just "I Love Summer," so I added the "& Friends." I wasn't sure about the detached journaling card on the bottom right of the page. It's a little "out there." But I just swallowed hard and did it. 
I actually think I might like it....? 

Oh, and by the way, this page is also for the Whimsical Twist challenge to scrapbook your summer! I've been doing that a lot lately! 





Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Now I'm off to enjoy more of VACATION! :)

8 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome Heather!!! This is my new favorite! Love the colors and the fun bits you used! And you did an awesome job with the Sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!

Unknown said...

So pretty Heather!! You have a great eye for detail :)

sandi said...

Oh wow Heather this is fabulous! So pretty, so upbeat! Love your take on the sketch! Tks. for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown said...

Love Love Love this!! great take on the sketch!!! thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!!

Ashley H said...

Your page is beautiful! The colors are so pretty & all the small details make it fab! Like the US piece with the brad in the location. Brilliant! Thanks for linking up with Whimsical Twist:)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Look at you scrapping on the go! How awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!

Tegan said...

This is so fun! Love the green background and the small banner accent between the 2 photos. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Bakery!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Darling layout Heather!! I really like the brad in place of Arkansas :) Thank for playing along at the Paper Bakery!