My Collections

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Favorites

Favorites. I have a lot of favorites. To choose just a few products that are my ABSOLUTE favorite items is like trying to pick which kid is your favorite. I was inspired by the Whimsical Twist challenge to get out some of my current favorite products and make a page with them! :)

I love the Crate Paper "The Pier" line. It's so summer-y and fun. Although it's supposed to be a beach line, I use it for everyday summer photos, like these that I took when my brother and I had a day out together- just me and him. "The Pier" has so many different patterns and color combos that it's easy to get the look that you want. 

Let's see… more favorites… 

Wood veneer. Love it. Used some different bits and pieces on this layout. 

The pencil-looking rub-ons from Amy Tangerine give an awesome sketchy feel to pages. 

Enamel dots. Gotta have them. I'm quickly running out of the colors I use most of… I'm going to try to use my stash of them up before I buy more. Think I can do it…? Hmm… we'll see. 

Flair buttons. I don't have many of these, but I think they're a fun touch when you're looking from something to add some dimension. 

Simple Stories Sn@p letter stickers. (the pink ones, here) This font is awesome. Basic. I'm thinking it's similar to Kelly Purkey's alphas? I want some of her products soooo bad!!

Diecuts. I am getting better at buying only stuff that I KNOW I'll use. Like, if I want a specific line, I always know I'll use the 6x6 pad and matching die cuts. I can go pretty far with just those two products, actually. Diecuts are a must on any of my projects. They're so fun to layer and add as accents!

6x6 mini paper pads. Mentioned above, I can do a lot with just a little mini pad. That's what I used on this layout. The only 12x12 piece I used was the background (of course) and the diagonal striped piece on the right side of the page. That came from the page of cut-apart elements and tags from "The Pier." Oh, I also love that in mini pads, the prints are smaller. Sometimes I'll be so used to my small patterns, then when I see the exact pattern in the 12x12 version, I'm like, "Whoa!" It's like my brain is so used to the small patterns that I feel like the 12x12 size is large print! LOL




Ok- toodles for now!
-Heather

4 comments:

Kimmie said...

What a great layout! I love all The Pier you used -- that's one of my all time favorite lines from Crate Paper!

How great it is for you to have been able to spend a day out with just your brother. Special times.

Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Whimsical Twist!

craftykellyj said...

So in love with this layout AND this post! It sounds like you're talking to me. ;) Great job!

katie said...

Oooh, wow, such a fun page Heather. sooo.... artsy! Love it.

I'm loving enamel dots too, I just have one little pack from Teresa Collins but I'm surprised at how far they've gone. Now I'm down to only one color though. :(

MarLeah Beverage said...

Love it! and the little boy and girl are so cute! :)