My Collections

Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Mind's Eye: Cut & Paste

I'm breaking my routine of sharing my Project Life 3 weeks at a time. I made this spread for a challenge! Over at My Mind's Eye, the challenge was to scrapbook Labor Day. Since I was already going to be putting Labor Day in with my PL, I just thought I'd go ahead and enter in the challenge! I looked back at my photos and I didn't have any pics from Labor Days gone by, so I just stuck with documenting this Labor Day!

I used the new Cut & Paste "Flair" collection from MME for this spread. And some stamps from the Collectable line as well. I love the pink, blue and black/white color combo in this line. So cute and cheery. I did something a little different for this week. I was inspired by Missy Whidden (who actually made the example page for the challenge) and painted some white over the really busy patterns. She usually uses paint or gesso or something artsy on her pages and so I thought I'd try it out! 

I'll reshare this page later and tell a bit more about what we actually did this week. But for now I'll just show you what I did with the awesome products! :)





And a card! Yippee! I used this line to make a card for one of my friends who is having a birthday next week. I loved the little chalkboard frames on one of the pages. Plus I'm a huge fan of fussy-cutting, so I cut out some of the little frames to use on this card. I'm entering this card in the Whimsical Twist challenge to use chalkboard on your project. I just love the chalkboard trend that's appearing everywhere right now. Where can I find me a chalkboard shirt...? JK. :P



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

MarLeah Beverage said...

I love getting to read little bits about your life in your scrapbooks! :)
And right now... I think we are going through a lot of the same things, even though I'm going to college I feel like my whole future is so up in the air right now, and yes! not to mention that whole get-a-job thing! lol