My Collections

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Trying My Hand

So I've started a new hobby: modern calligraphy! I love attempting it. I still have a lot to learn, and sometimes I have no earthly idea what I've started. But I have been adding my attempted-calligraphy on my cards as of lately! Here's a few I've done (because, you know, cards are my fave):

This first one I like to call "Layers, Layers, and More Layers." To make this card, I actually got out my big box of diecuts and picked out some items I thought would look pretty together, then I layered them and -- wa-la! This card appeared! 



Simple and pretty makes me sooooo happy. I actually lifted a card I saw on Pinterest for this design. I used papers from my scrap bin for this card, along with a tag and a chipboard rose cluster. Sometimes digging around the scraps is so rewarding! ;)


I gained inspiration from one of my recent layouts for this card. Leaves = Love. And of course, my calligraphy "thanks" on the little label. 


So there's a few pretty things I have made lately! :)

-Heather

1 comment:

katie said...

These are gorgeous! I think Calligraphy would be fun to do, but I already have so many hobbies! ;)