My Collections

Thursday, January 19, 2017

LOVE Layout

I have a thing for Valentine's Day. It's always been my favorite holiday-- even when I didn't have Kevin. :) I just love doing little things for the ones I love, and it's not totally creep-o on Valentine's Day! Haha! 

The Valentine scrapbook collections are ALWAYS my faves (I love Crate Paper's releases!). I buy bits and pieces of each year's "love-ly" release. This year was no exception with the new Heart Day collection from Crate Paper. There are so many adorable elements in this collection and so when it came out in stores, I immediately put in my order to Paper Issues. Granted, this was back at Christmas time, and I didn't really want to be thinking of V-Day when Christmas hadn't even happened. BUT, I went ahead and bought some of the collection. I have learned the hard way that sometimes in the scrappy world, if you don't buy products that you realllllly want, sometimes they sell out and never restock. :\ So I wasn't going to let that happen with this collection. 

While we were home for Christmas, I made this layout. I even got to use my new sewing machine on it! Yay! 

I have seen so many cute layouts recently that use diecuts made with the Silhouette Cameo, so I wanted to dust off my ol' diecutting machine and use some cut-out elements on my page. I didn't have any on hand that I really liked, so I quickly made me some of my own with Ai. Just some scribbly hearts. 





I really LOVE how this turned out... I think the stitching makes it. :) Do you like Valentine's Day? 


No comments: