My Collections

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Watercolor Floral Cards

Lately I've loved trying my hand at watercoloring some florals. I'm by no means an expert at ALL, but I do love the outcome of this particular set:

I only have one nicer set of watercolors (I have the Kurataki Gansai Tambi watercolor set on my wishlist) and so I don't have a lot of color options for painting right now. 

I basically copied some watercolor paintings from @papergirlte on Instagram. For me, when I'm trying something new, it's easiest to just imitate someone else's work until I get the feel of what I'm doing.  





I think these turned out pretty well considering that I don't usually watercolor florals. I need to stop by a Michael's or Hobby Lobby and grab a finer brush so I can paint those stems smaller. On my to do list! I'm eager to paint some more-- watercolor is my favorite medium to use. 

1 comment:

craftykellyj said...

These are absolutely beautiful Heather! Wonderful job. I have a set fTom Michaels, I think it's by Painters Studio. You should get a water brush (by Tim Holtz) available at Michaels. It's the bomb!