My Collections

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Scrapbook Layout: Make Magic

I'm back with another layout today! 

For this page, I used a Scrapbook Circle sketch and several of my Studio Calico kits. I mostly used the Walden scrapbook main kit for the papers and the embellishments are a mix of different kits. 

One thing that I LOVED using for this layout was the silkscreens that Studio Calico sells. They only come in the kits (boo hoo), but I do have a few of them to use. The white plus signs on the background were made with a silkscreen from one of the current add-on kits, Magic Carpet. My new penpal, Melissa, sent it to me. (Isn't that awesome?!) Of all the silkscreens, I think that one is my fave! The "Make Magic" title was made with a silkscreen as well. 

Here is the sketch I used for the page:


And here's my interpretation of the sketch! I mostly make 8.5x11 page now, so I narrowed the sketch for my page. :)


Sometimes I have a hard time finding stories that I want to document from the photos that I have that I haven't documented before. Or sometimes the story is too "big" to document on one page. It needs, like, a whole mini album. BUT, I found these pics of my sculptures I made in college last semester and thought, "YES! Those need to be in my scrapbook." So one day if all my sculptures break or something at least I'll have photos of them! And a side note here, I did finish all my sculptures although two of them in these photos are in-progress. I liked the contrast of raw clay look to the finished projects in the photo collage. :)



So, do you have problems deciding what stories to document? Let me know in the comments! 

-H

No comments: