My Collections

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Scrapbook Layout: The Beach

 I just love the beach. Let me just state that. I spent an hour this afternoon walking along the beach and taking photos (we are at Orange Beach, Alabama for the weekend). It's so peaceful and beautiful here. 

Number two, I love this layout. :) And the time that I documented on this page (which was last December). It was a little getaway for Laura, my dad, and me. We just needed some time away. :) Good thing the beach isn't that far away.


I made this layout a few weeks ago and am just getting around to sharing it. I used a Studio Calico sketch for this page and used lots of SC kits to make it. I think I have mentioned before that I have put all of my months of Studio Calico kits together. Papers with papers, wood veneer with wood veneer, etc. Doing this helps me pick products that don't look matchy-matchy and help give new life to my older kits! 

I thought the grid design was super fun. I literally just dug around in all my embellishments to add some cutesy to this page once I had picked out the basic pink/blue/neutral patterned paper. I think everything here on this page is from SC except those awesome BIG glittery letters on the top half of the page (they're from mambi) and that wood veneer heart is from my stash (Studio Calico brand, just not in a Studio Calico kit like the other items).


Mixing texture is one of my all-time favorite things to do on my pages. That diamond grid was one of those items I heard lots of complaints about on the SC message boards. Turns out, I think it adds such a nice texture to whatever projects I use it on. 


I have a lot more photos of the beach to scrapbook since we're here once again, but I'm thinking I might do a mini album using all the photos. I have a GOLD 4x4 Instagram album from We R Memory Keepers that I might use. 

Till next time, 
Heather

No comments: