My Collections

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Wedding Inspiration Planner

So for one of my last me & my BIG ideas design team projects, I shared my wedding inspiration pages that I had made to go into my wedding planner extension pack. I loved doing this because it helped me see everything that I wanted out and on a visual mood board. 

When I had first started wedding planning, I knew I wanted a very deep burgundy to be one of the colors of our wedding. I feel like it's such a fall/ December-y color and I knew it would be nice to pick a color that I could actually find flowers in! :) 

Then I saw this pin. And totally LOVED the colors. I feel like the peach is such an unexpected color with the burgundy. Very unique! Plus I wanted deep magenta bridesmaid dresses, so this color scheme was perfect.



Then we ended up settling on champagne bridesmaid dresses, and that changed my whole ideas. Champagne just does not jive with coral if you ask me. So this is what we came up with: burgundy, a lighter pink-y coral (ended up just using that color in our invitations... no where else), and blush. 


So here's the overview page on the left and then the decoration for the chapel on the right. We used a local church and Oh. My. Goodness. It was gorgeous. I remember taking a little tour of it when we were looking for wedding churches and I was so in awe of it. It was built probably 100 years ago (?) and such charm to it. 


Here are the reception area plans. We diy-ed everything, including the cakes (which we kinda wish we hadn't done)! I bought this wedding cake topper from Alexis Mattox Design. That was one of my "splurges." I didn't HAVE to have a cute and fancy cake topper, but I got one anyway. ;) Alexis Mattox Design have really cute designs for wedding cake toppers AND any occasion cake toppers. 


We bought fresh eucalyptus from a wholesale florist in Birmingham for the reception tables. It was wonderful. Looking back at these photos, we didn't use NEAR the amount that this picture shows, and I kiiiiiiinda wish we would have added some more greenery down the tables to make it look more full (I'll show you pictures when I get them), but what's done is done. And we stayed in budget. ;)



Wedding vow ideas (we wrote our own in addition to reciting the normal ones) on the left page, my bridal wear inspiration board on the right. 


Bridesmaids/ Groomsmen and invitation planning! We hand punched confetti to put in all of the invitations. I designed the invitations on a pre-gold foiled invitations from Office Depot (I found them on clearance! Yay!). 

I really wanted the girls to have burgundy flats to wear with their champagne dresses... I looked all over for them, and couldn't find any that I wanted that were in my price range. And then one day at Walmart-- tadaaaaa! $5.87 shoes. Bam. Done. They were the perfect color and I was sooooo happy to find them! 



And my favorite page-- floral inspiration!! We used Whole Foods to do the flowers. I don't know if you've ever been to a Whole Foods, but their flower section is absolutely GORGEOUS. When I saw online that they did floral arranging, I knew that I wanted them to do the flowers for our wedding. This was a BUDGET wedding, I tell ya! :) They turned out gorgeous. Can't wait to show you pictures of them. 



This project went up on the me & my BIG ideas blog back before the wedding, so if you want to see that blog post, click HERE (I didn't want to share it her until after the wedding).


SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments: