My Collections

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

XOXO- scrapbook layout

Honestly, it's been ages since I've created a layout. These days I do more Project Life spreads instead of pages. Why? Because it's a much more compact system than scrapbooking every single life event. Since I'm just using pockets in my Project Life, I can include my weekly chai tea photo or that photo of my feet. Thinking of scrapbooking every single thing is overwhelming. So I save the layout scrapping for when I have photos that just BEG to be scrapbooked. And these photos from our Christmas mini session with our wedding photographers were some of those begging to be scrapped.

What's really crazy about this layout is that I used NO patterned paper on it. (whaaaaaaa??) I love me some patterned paper, but I actually didn't use ANY on this page. I bought the Maggie Holmes "Gather" ephemera pack recently and hadn't gotten to play around with it yet. So I just got that out and picked out pieces that I loved and thought looked pretty with the photos. This particular pack has acetate pieces as well, so you get two different textures in one pack- awesome! 


This plaid flair button is actually from my Holly Jolly collection. I think it looks adorable with the leaves and the colors. Plus it helps with that visual triangle of black around that page.


OH-- and those K&H alphas..... they're my new favorite!! Seriously. Love. Them. Check them out HERE


And my iPhone didn't take too bad of photos here at the hotel! :P Got me a piece of white posterboard and all is right in the world. :) See you next time!

No comments: