My Collections

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dressing Your Chipboard Up Tutorial

Here's the blog tutorial I told you I *might* post today! :) And I am so proud of myself that I am ACTUALLY sharing a tutorial on my blog! This is just a simple technique to dress up your plain chipboard letters.

This is what you'll need:
-chipboard letters of your choice
- inker
- sanding paper or block
- clear glitter glue
- paintbrush (for glitter glue)
1. Sand the edges of your letters. Rub the sandpaper across surface of the chipboard too to create a "shabby" look.

*Here's what your letter should look like so far.*
2. Ink the edges of the chipboard.
3. Brush on clear glitter glue.
And you're done! Yay! Here's a couple of examples that I did.
Here's a layout I did with this technique. I sent this page in to a Creating Keepsakes page call, but didn't get picked. :( I still like the page though!
Here's a close-up of the letters.
... and a close-up of the edges of the pages. I used the same technique here.
Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully there will be a lot more tutorials in the future on this blog! :)

No comments: