My Collections

Saturday, August 25, 2012

An Altered Notebook

Mou Saha was a guest designer over at Punk Projects the other week and I just LOVED the composition book tutorial she did! (By the way, you can find the awesome tutorial here.) I used some awesome vintage book pages that I bought a a yard sale a while back and some receipts from back to school shopping for covering the notebook before putting the washi tape on. I REALLY like how it turned out! I might do one of my binders like this too!

One thing I still have to do is put some sort of label on the front that I can put my name in. Oh- and I still have to modpodge the front as well so all the washi will stay on. :)

FRONT:


BACK:

My favorite part-- you can see the vintage picture through the washi!

Have a fabulous Saturday!

7 comments:

katie said...

I LOVE how you can see the vintage papers through the washi tape! It's so so cute, Heather, I love it.
The colors definitely remind me of you too.

Steffanie said...

Very cool! How much more fun it will be to use that instead of a plain comp book! It looks fabulous!

Megan D said...

That is so awesome! Where did you get all the tape from?

Moongirl said...

Cool book! I love it! Never would have thought it was just tape. It would work with paper strips too.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Love your idea!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

very neat Heather! Such great colors :)

okanogangirl said...

This is awesome!!! I love the picture showing through. Might have to lift this idea!!