My Collections

Thursday, December 27, 2012

14- A Layout :)

So, how was your Christmas? Mine was fabulous! :) I got lots of awesome goodies from Santa (LOL) and my family. The only thing that was kinda a bummer was that I didn't get any scrappy related gifts! BUT, I do have Christmas $$ so I might just have to spend some of it on some scrappy gifts for myself! That works out, right?

I made this layout before Christmas and didn't have time to post pictures of it before we went to see family in Missouri and Oklahoma. So, now I get to share it with you! This is the first layout I have made with my Dear Lizzy "5th & Frolic" collection and this is just an awesome line to work with! It's not exactly my style, but I really like it! As you probably already know, I love to try out different styles!

I used ScrapFIT's sketch for this layout, which you can find here if you'd like to play along. I liked the papers matting the photo, so I stacked several wide strips of patterned paper to make a pretty base to "hold" my photo. I have noticed recently while looking through my albums, that I normally do only one-photo layouts. I think I am going to challenge myself to make more multi-photo layouts this next year!

One more thing- do you notice the background?? Yep- it's cut with my Silhouette Cameo! I just can't get away from it now! :)

See that little confetti button badge? Well, I made it! Be on the lookout for announcement of my new entrepreneurship (is that even a word?)! :)

4 comments:

Bethany Stellpflug said...

beautiful layout Heather! I love the backround! Such a gorgeous color scheme too!

Lynn said...

Great take on Diana's sketch! Love what you did with your background! Santa brought me a Silhouette this year! Yay!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at ScrapFIT

Ashley Horton said...

WOW! Great page Heather! I love the Dear Lizzy line on this and the Cameo background looks awesome!! I have that one coming up on a layout for Get It Scrapped! in January!! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming news, with the fun little badge!!

Megan D said...

After a no scrappy xmas last year I handed my stuff to my mom at jo's. Cute layout!