My Collections

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Yummy Hot Chocolate

I have a layout hot off the press... err, straight from the scrapbook room... to share today!

I was browsing the Internet yesterday, and I found a sketch at Cocoa Daisy that I really liked and wanted to use for a layout. One of the very first things I diecut with my Silhouette Cameo was some cute Polaroid shapes from Kim Watson's blog. Once I saw the sketch at CD, I knew I could use my new diecuts! I also used my Silhouette Cameo for the title. Font is Lobster from dafont.com.

As for the products I used on my layout, I used the Peppermint collection from Crate Paper. It's the Christmas line from last year. I thought the colors were perfect for a hot chocolate page. They're not exactly Christmasy, but yet they are wintery and cozy. At first I diecut all 3 words in the title with my Cameo, but I didn't like how it looked with all of it diecut, so I replaced the "hot" with Thickers! Perfect balance, right? Silhouette Cameo AND Thickers. Oh yeah.

Well, that's it for today! Be sure to check out the Cocoa Daisy blog here to see the sketch challenge and all of their other inspiration!












6 comments:

katie said...

I love those polaroid frames!! They were the very first thing I noticed on your layout, they really make you photos pop!

Andrea said...

Such a great page!! Where on her blog did you get those? I have tried getting other files from her blog too and can't find them!

Stacia Brandt said...

Super cute page! I love it!!

lisa said...

Hi Heather, Great LO. I agree those papers are perfect : ) One of my fave Christmassy lines. Love the polaroid cuts. Thanks so much for playing along with us x

Ashley Horton said...

SO CUTE, Heather!! Love the use of the photo frames and the fun Crate Paper line!! Awesome use of this sketch!!

Stephanie said...

So cute! Glad you played along with our sketch!