My Collections

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Valentine Milk Carton Treats

Sorry... I should have posted this yesterday, but my Internet connection was bad. :(

After the little treats I made for Christmas last year, I just *had* to make some Valentine teats for my lunch friends at school. I looked for the Ghirardelli caramel squares (which is what we all LOVE) but Target didn't have them so I got some caramel Lindor truffles. I tried one and they're not as good as the squares, but I still love Lindors!!

I made these cute little milk cartons with my Silhouette Cameo. It took a little bit of trial and error to get them small enough, but I finally got it! Once I decided to make these, I started looking through my stash and discovered that I didn't have hardly any Valentine-y paper! I did find some Pretty Little Studio "Love Notes" paper and so I used 4 pieces of that. They were very busy patterns that I have not been able to make work on cards or layouts. So that worked well! But, I still needed two more cartons. Hmm... What's a girl to do? I looked and looked and finally found this cute little paper from Pebbles' "Country Picnic" collection that had hearts on it. It matched perfectly with the other papers. I had to make them match because it would have annoyed me if they didn't. ;P

I put the treats in and tied them up with some ribbon, but they looked so plain! I just had to make them look a little cuter. Plus, who doesn't love something cute with their name on it?! I got out some American Crafts stamps and an ink pad and got to work. I could have used stickers but I know these are going to be thrown away so I didn't want to waste my stickers! I stamped the names, notched the end of each strip, and added a bit of washi tape behind it and a few heart stickers on top!

I'm very happy with how they turned out. :) I gave them to my friends today and they loved them! I love spreading the love of scrapbooking!! Thanks for visiting my blog today!









7 comments:

blsd2scrp said...

too cute! what a great friend you are! I love these treats! nice work!

Ashley Horton said...

These are really cute Heather!! I know that your friends will love them!!

katie said...

a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! I think they look super valentines-y even if your couldn't find Valentine paper. :)

Steffanie said...

Those are adorable, Heather! What a great idea!

Heather M said...

Very cute cartons! You did a great job!

ELLEN said...

Awesome milk cartons for ypur lunch buddies! How cute, and punny! Great job decorating them...only thing missing is their pics on the side, but they're not lost after all.

ELLEN said...

Awesome milk cartons for ypur lunch buddies! How cute, and punny! Great job decorating them...only thing missing is their pics on the side, but they're not lost after all.