My Collections

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

2 Projects for Today

Ok you know how I love sketches! I have a layout and a card to share with you today made from sketches! 

This first project is for the Scrap Your Story sketch challenge. I used one photo instead of three and layered a lot on this page! I used the Maggie Holmes collection with a piece of older Crate Paper for the background. I love it when I use up old stuff! I think this particular piece was from the Neighborhood collection. And of course, I scrapped a photo from my graduation! :)






And I have noticed that I haven't made a card in a looooong time! I mean really, I haven't made one in probably 2 months! :O I found a new site with some challenges on it called Paper Secrets. I wanted to participate in their card sketch challenge (click HERE to go to it). I flipped the sketch sideways and made a horizontal card instead of a vertical card. I hardly ever make horizontal cards! I used The Pier collection from Crate Paper. The ephemera pack that I bought had a cute little stitched banner in it and so I used that on my card. It worked perfectly! I didn't do too much embellishing besides that because this will be going in the mail and I want it as flat as possible so it doesn't get messed up on its way to its destination! 




Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous Tuesday! :)
-Heather



5 comments:

Brandi Matos said...

You've done a fabulous job with both challenges!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at SYS!!!

Saskia said...

I'm getting a big kick on how the little yellow bow on the top of the page brings out the tassels in the photo! =)

Andrea said...

great page and great way to use the sketch! thanks for playing with us at SYS!

Chark said...

love your layout and card--the bow is a perfect touch on the lo!

Chark said...

Can't decide if I like the critter stickers or the shipping tags with the little animals better. They are both so cute!
love your stitched feathers!