My Collections

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

One Special Girl

I have a layout to share with you today about a very special girl. Her name is Mary Elizabeth. I knew her when I worked at the daycare. A couple of months after I quit I found out that she had leukemia! My heart was broken. She is THE sweetest and cutest little girl. It hurt my heart to know she was going to have to go through so much. Well, fast forward to graduation night. One of her brothers was in my graduating class, so she was there too. I got to see her for the first time since I found out she had cancer. Of course she had lost all of her hair, but she seemed as sweet and spunky as ever. I just love her. So I had to make sure I got a picture with her. ;) Thankfully, Mary Elizabeth has the most treatable type of leukemia, so that's encouraging. But to think-- she's 3 years old and already went through so much in her little life. Just breaks my heart.

Anyway, I used my Artful Delight May kit for this page, which had some awesome Amy Tangerine Yes, Please and Heidi Swapp Serendipity mixed together. I really liked the combo! I added some of my own embellishements, such as the wood veneer circles and die cut arrow from Chic Tags. I'm lovin' me some Chic Tags lately!! 

Oh- and I used the sketch HERE from Pamela's blog for this layout. Love her sketches. 



Have a wonderful Wednesday! :)
-Heather

5 comments:

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A beautiful layout and adorable photo of you and Mary Elizabeth! Love the soft colors of your layout. You are truly an amazing young lady, bless you for being in her life. Praying for Mary Elizabeth. Thanks for sharing!

Megan D said...

Wonderful layout Heather! And what a cute little girl! You can see the love of life in her smile.

Chark said...

she's a doll and love the lo!

craftykellyj said...

Ah I love this Heather! She is so sweet!

Leslie Germain said...

What a sweetie and an adorable layout. You did a wonderful job with the sketch. I am sure you will treasure this page forever.

Leslie
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com