My Collections

Thursday, March 6, 2014

First Layout with the March SFTIO Kit

SO excited to start sharing my March Scrapbooking from the Inside Out "Honesty" projects!

So this is one of my favorites: 





So, I am going to share a little "behind the scenes" look at the making of this page. If you want to know more about the journaling, etc. then visit the SFTIO blog today. :)

I originally wanted to diecut the "say what you think" and back the negative lettering with different papers. Well, I forgot that my Silhouette mat is still really sticky and when I tried to take off the whole 12x12 paper, it ripped a lot of the letters. 


[sad face]

I didn't want to throw the paper away because the sunburst was just too awesome. So I measured the white circle space and then diecut a circle from the grey cardstock included in the kit. Then I covered all of the mess-up. (And notice... I didn't get the saying centered in the middle of the circle anyway... oops) I still had the letters that I diecut from the "Envelope" paper so I used the same diecuts to put the quote on top of the grey cardstock. Some of the letters look the same flipped over, so I mixed it up a bit, adding some more grey to the page. 

Originally, I wanted to handstitch some of the sun rays, but I wasn't feelin' it once I started making the page. So, instead, I used some of the strips leftover from the bottom edges of some of the 12x12 papers.. 

I topped it off with some white mist (my color medium of choice this month!) along with some white machine stitching. 

So that's it for this page! It's one of my favorite projects I made this month. :)




No comments: