My Collections

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Memo

I'm sharing my last layout for the month of March over on the Scrapbooking from the Inside Out blog and so I get to share some  more behind-the-scenes bits about this layout here on my personal blog!







This month I really liked the divided-page look. By divided-page look, I mean using two different papers for the background. At the seam of the papers, I put my cluster of photos and papers. I actually used some pink gelatos to make an artsy base for my cluster. I thought that would bring some cohesion to the page. 

I love layering. It lets you use SO many different patterns on one page without it being too crazy! :) It also helps the focus stay on the photos and large background space. But yet you can still see the awesome patterns and colors. Like, I think this layout is very colorful, but I used the patterns in different sizes and portions. 

I used lots of wood veneer on this page. It's not included in the kit, but I still thought it was an awesome texture addition to the page. 

I used one of the awesome pockets included in the kit to house my journaling… I like that I can tuck that little pocket in-between the layers and 1) it adds so much more interest to the layers and 2) I get to hide my journaling in a cute way! Win- win! 

So there's a bit about this layout. You can check out more about this particular project on the SFTIO blog today!

-Heather

1 comment:

Ashley Horton said...

This is such a cute page Heather, and I love the fun selfie photos!