My Collections

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Story About Me

Yay! It's "Behind the Art" thursday! I get to share another layout that I made with the "Honesty" kit from SFTIO. I like this layout just because it has me and Laura on it. ;)






The "Honesty" kit has so many different cute polaroid frames in it that I KNEW I couldn't pass up the chance to use lots of them on a page this month. I love the mix of patterns and textures on this page. The Maya Road chipboard polaroids are some of my favorites. I think I ended up using all 3 that came in my kit! I thought about altering them, but I guess I just like the "raw" look!

So to make this page, I just got out all the cute frames and overlays and started playing. I ended up going with a collage-type design going diagonally across the page. That way I could use lots of different products. Once I knew where the frames were going, I used my white mist to splatter some white drops on the page. Then while those were drying, I printed my photos the correct sizes to fit into the frames. Once I had all the photos and frames adhered, I added some embellishments and my journaling. Simple as that! 

This page is a little more simple that I normally do, but I still really like it because it gets my point across. Read about what I tried to convey on this page on the SFTIO blog

Thanks for stopping by! :)

-Heather

1 comment:

MarLeah Beverage said...

Aw! I love the whole vintage look and all the polaroid frames!