My Collections

Monday, May 12, 2014

Busy Being Happy

Hey y'all! I'm back with a just-for-fun layout! 





I made this layout with the super-cute "Daydreamer" collection from Dear Lizzy. I'm pretty sure I swoon over every single one of Liz's collections. I guess her style of designing fits my style of scrapbooking. :) I'd love to think her style of scrapbooking matches my style of scrapbooking, but I don't think that's quite a true statement. Everyone has their own "twang" (that's the Alabamian coming out in me). Their own style. And that's totally fine! What's that quote-- "Be yourself. Everyone else is taken." 

What's ironic about this layout is that I have always said I will never be that person that just layers lots of papers in the middle of the page. Oops. I'm eating my words. I just like trying different things, and layering papers is something that I tried once and it has stayed with me. I just LOVE showing all sorts of different patterns at one time. :) So I guess on this particular page, I'm "that person who just layers lots of papers in the middle of the page." LOL

The title card, "Busy Being Happy" is actually from the May SFTIO "Intuition" kit. And the sunshine and ticket diecuts are from the April SFTIO "Celebrate" kit. Love using stuff leftover from my kits! 

These photos are of my friend MarLeah (check out her photography blog!) at my brother's wedding rehearsal dinner. Well, before the dinner. We had someone take a few pics of us with MarLeah's awesome camera she had rented to shoot the wedding. I totally stole these photos off her blog. :) 

Ok- a question for you! Have you ever found a technique that you didn't really like, and then you tried it and loved? Like my layering, for example? :) Let me know in the comments! Or just leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! 

-Heather


1 comment:

MarLeah Beverage said...

Oh! right! I forgot to email them to you!!! Haha, just let me know if you want me to still email them. But it looks like those worked just fine :)