My Collections

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Creative Scrappers Sketch #172

Hi everyone!
I am here again with another Creative Scrappers layout! I had a lotta fun with the sketch simply because they is so much layering! I have had this My Mind's Eye "Quite Contrary" paper for a while, and I have eventually used it till there weren't any full sheets of it left! I wanted to try and use it up once and for all, so this sketch helped me [sorta] do that. I still have some smaller scraps I will use for cards, but I still like how it turned out!
I handstitched the circle (I'm FINALLY getting the hang of this technique, even if I did have to rethread my needle 3 times because I ran out of thread-- that's the worst part about handstitching!)  I misted the page before I even got started with some paint mist that I made myself (all you do is add paint and water or alcohol in a mist bottle and wa-la~ you've got some cheap mist!). The pink paper by itself looks like a pink counter top if you ask me, and I used the mist to cover that ugly look up! :P 

I pop dotted almost every element of this page. I didn't want to glue the paper straight on the layout because I didn't want the 'thread bump.'
I really like the dinension it adds to the page!!

Oh! Another technique I used. I stitched the circle with white embroidery floss, then colored the top of it with yellow chalk. Love this technique to "make" your own colors of embrodiery floss!







Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Nice layout.. The flower is perfect.. It is difficult to make this!

Auntie Em said...

What a sweet LO! Your stitched circle looks perfect (thanks for the chalk tip!) and I love the soft pretty papers you used. All the little buttons and the rosette are such nice embellies. A beautiful keepsake!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Ava Gavloski said...

love the look of the stitched circle, very attractive...
ava