My Collections

Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Birthday Card

Hey there! Hope y'all had a fabulous Valentine's Day! 

I have a card to share today that I made for my very good friend, Megan. I was looking at my calendar the other day and thought "Megan's birthday is, like, two days away! I should send her a card!" For some reason, I didn't transfer all my birthday dates to my 2014 calendar (very strange of me… where was my mind??) and so it was just coincidence that I thought of her birthday! I'm not really good at remembering birthdays. That's why I have a calendar. ;)



Anyway, I wanted to make a really FUN card in a short amount of time. I started out with some Dear Lizzy "Lucky Charm" chipboard. I love chipboard. It's a great way to add dimension to your projects! I should buy more chipboard in the future…. I honestly don't have that much as of right now! (My goodness-- I ramble!)

Kits are fabulous for getting things done quickly. So I got out my scraps from the SFTIO "Belonging" Kit (October 2013) and cut them into random-width strips and made a starburst out them. Then I added some brown mist splotches. Next came the brown paper bag type circle, my alphas, and the chipboard circles. I used quite a bit of machine stitching on this card. I think it is the perfect finishing touch!

Most of the papers are from the "Recorded" line by Allison Kreft. 

Thanks for stopping by! I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments! They make my day! :)

-Heather

4 comments:

katie said...

I love all of the stitching you always do. :)

MJ's Kraze said...

Cute card. I love the stitching. I need to do that more often to my cards.

GLOANN said...

I'm sure Megan loved getting that cute card. You are just so good at "throwing it all together." don't always leave a comment but I don't miss a single post.

craftykellyj said...

Such a pretty card! I agree with Gloria. You are SO good at throwing things together. Pretty!