My Collections

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Go with the Flow

It's time for another "behind the scenes" look at a layout I made with this month's "Intention" kit.





This might be my favorite project I made this month. Probably because it showcases so many of the awesome patterns in this month's kit! I'm always up for using lots of patterns on my layouts. :) So, to use lots of patterns on this page without it being overwhelming, I cut lots of arrows with my Silhouette Cameo in lots of different patterns and colors. 

At first my idea was to make the arrows go in all different directions, but I thought that would look too crazy. Kind of like I just sneezed arrows. LOL I actually just started laying out the arrows and decided that I liked them going diagonally across the page. I think it's a lot more cohesive that way. Plus the patterns look awesome against the black background. 

It's so fun when creating a layout to just keep adding stuff. On this page, I had adhered all of the arrows. (Did you notice that I doodled some of them with the white galaxy marker included in this month's kit?) Then I decided to add some chevron bling. Next, I added some word stickers from the Glitz "Wild & Free" sticker sheet. Last, I added some stitching (because I can't leave a layout without stitching!). Sometimes I leave the page and then come back to it the next day or so and add more and more on until I'm happy with the outcome. I think it's my new way of scrapping-- add and add until you're happy! :)

Alright- thanks for joining me for another SFTIO post! Be sure to check out the "emotional" side to this page on the SFTIO blog

-Heather



1 comment:

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Wow! Love all of the colorful arrows against the black card stock....so pretty!