My Collections

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Happy Butterflies

As in the last post, here's another layout where I fussycut a LOT to make this page. 

This time I used the butterfly paper from Maggie Holmes' new line Chasing Dreams. At first I didn't like the whole butterfly trend, but it's growing on me! I really love how this page turned out. While the butterflies have NOTHING to do with the photo (I really could have used the Oasis collection and been better off matching the theme since this photo was taken at the beach), I still love how this turned out. 

This was definitely a page I struggled a lot with though. I made the watercolor background, and then instantly hated it. It just hadn't turned out like I had wanted. But then I left it alone and when I came back to it, I challenged myself to use it. I hate wasting things-- even if it's one piece of white cardstock! So I went ahead and built my layout on top of the watercolored paper and ended up loving the result! 


I stitched down the middle of all of the butterflies so that the edges of the wings flap up a little. 




I still have so many new things to use-- I think this was the first page that I made with the Chasing Dreams collection and I've had it since it first came out in February! I guess we should make a saying: "So many pretty scrapbooking products, so little time to use them." ;)

2 comments:

GLOANN said...

Love that background and all those beautiful butterflies. But how did you ever have the patience to cut out all those?

Heather Doolittle said...

Gloria, it's a great thing to do while I talk to my mom on the phone! :)