My Collections

Thursday, May 4, 2017

You are my Bright Side

Happy Friday! 

Do you have plans for the weekend? Kevin is working this weekend, so it won't be like a "real" weekend. Tomorrow is (inter)National Scrapbook Day, so I will probably be crafting up a storm and entering some challenges online! I'm so in the scrappy mood. :) 

Here is the layout I was talking about the other day. The page where I used that ONE Paige Evans Oh My Heart paper. In case you missed the other post, here's what the paper looked like to begin with:

I trimmed out all of the strips and then grouped like colors together. Then I added some stitching and some tone-on-tone embellishing. This page was super fun to make! And *gasp!* I used colored cardstock for the background! Whaaaa??? Usually it's always white! 






Have you used this paper in a way like this? I really liked the way Paige used border punches with the strips of paper from this pattern, but I don't have any of my border punches with me, so I just went with the straight edges. :) 

1 comment:

craftykellyj said...

LOVE the strips! I haven't tried this technique in a while. When I did, I use border punches I think. I love how you grouped the colors and embellies together!