My Collections

Monday, May 29, 2017

Mother's Day Cards

Happy Monday! 

Today I'm sharing my Mother's Day cards I made for my mom and mother-in-law! I love the Maggie Holmes fringed hearts embellishments, so I made my own out of patterned paper. I first diecut the hearts with my Silhouette Cameo and then layered strips of paper that I had cut with my Martha Stewarts fringe scissors on top of the heart. I found that covering the heart with adhesive worked a lot better than putting the tape on the strips because then the little bits of fringe would actually stick after I trimmed the fringe to the shape. (just a tip ;) ) 

For the backgrounds of the cards, I used some leftover watercolored cards that I had from my valentines I made this year. I LOVE how they look with the fringed hearts. I embellished the cards with some mini doilies (I've been LOVING them lately!), some stamped/ painted florals, and some puffy hearts. 





My mom(s) loved these! :)

No comments: