My Collections

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Celebrate Life

Yay! It's another "Behind the Art" Thursday! 







First of all, I want to point out that I am sharing more about this page on the SFTIO blog. Sometimes I feel like I'm repeating myself here on my personal blog, and to try to cut down on some of that (LOL), be sure to check out my post on the other blog as well. I would love to know if you read the post. I put a lot of work into these posts! :)

Ok, so these photos on this page are, like, my absolute favorite photos ever. Laura took them in a little photoshoot after she curled my hair. I was dancing around and being silly while I had some music on, so these expressions are totally "I'm having fun!" 

I really love using lots of different patterns on one layout, so I cut strips from different papers in the kit and layered them as a border above and below my photos. 

I also fussy-cut the flower clusters out of one of the Party Time pieces of paper and used those on this page. I love the elegant look they give the layout!

Something kinda cool I did on this layout was I used the Tumbled Glass distress paint included in the kit along with a paint brush to make mist-looking drops around the flower clusters. I was determined to use that paint on every single one of my projects this month! :)

So that is just a *little bit about this layout… Only one more layout for this month!

-Heather

3 comments:

katie said...

I'm headed over to read your post on the SFTIO blog now. ;)

This layout is so gorgeous and your photos are so fun! You must have had some fun music on. :) I love the paint splatters.

Melissa said...

This is really one of my favorites from you this month! Those photos are great and I love the way you have expressed yourself with the kit and theme!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Loving this one.....the design, colors, & fun photos, very impressive! Love all of the layering and journaling spot!