My Collections

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Special

I'm back to share a 'special' page with you!







I love this page because it has a huge confetti pocket on it! I mean, what's more fun than that?! To make the pocket, I cut a piece of clear plastic (from the packaging of one of my older sheets of Crate Paper die cuts… back when they were in a big 12x12 sheet) and washi taped it to the background paper. Then I added my punched circles (I used 1 5/8 inch and 1 inch circle punches) and sequins underneath the plastic (I used sequins from the kit and then added some more from my stash). Then I stitched around the border of the plastic, careful not to let the confetti get caught in the way of my stitching. After I stitched it, I added some brads randomly around the plastic pocket to make sure the confetti did not go all the way to the bottom of the pocket. The brads kind of catch the confetti. 

And that's it! I added the rest of the page like I normally would have. I used the Tumbled Glass distress paint dauber to add some distressing to the edges of the page and I even got a paint brush and dropped a few dots of paint for a faux-mist look along the top left and bottom right corners. 

I handcut my title. I didn't even draw the letters before I cut them… so they are definitely handmade-looking. ;) 

This was very much a labor-intensive page, but I think it was worth it! I enjoyed making it and I loved documenting this part of "celebration."

Be sure to check out more about this page on the SFTIO blog today!  

-Heather

4 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Your page is absolutely gorgeous! I love the BIG confetti pocket and what a smart idea to add the brads to keep the piece scattered all over the page.
I am sure someday you and all your friends will celebrate together. Maybe you need to have a 'Happy Half Birthday' or an 'It's not my Birthday Day but I want to Celebrate the Day Anyway' party! :)
Thanks for sharing your lovely work! :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

An awesome layout! Love the clever confetti pocket.....super cool! I really like this idea and the added brads to keep the confetti in place.....great title, too! Hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea for my granddaughter's birthday layout? Great job!

Heather Doolittle said...

Sure you are more than welcome to scraplift! :)

MarLeah Beverage said...

Aw! The confetti IS so cool!
I wouldn't have noticed that you hand cut the letters at all!!