My Collections

Monday, April 14, 2014

Mixed Media Card

I really love mixed media. I have finally figured out that you can't do a mixed media project all in one sitting. You have to add a layer, then add a layer, then add another layer. That's what I did with this card:


I'm linking this card up to the Paper Wings Productions April challenge to use INKS on a project. Well, I used a lot of inky things on this card. First, I poured -- yes, poured-- some different colors of mists on my cardstock. Some from October Afternoon, some from Studio Calico. I moved the card around to make the ink/paint run. So I had to wait overnight for that to dry. Then I stenciled on some arrows with lime green paint and drew some on with a white artist pen from Faber-Castell. I added some blue and pink ink inbetween the mist-blobs with a little sponge before I stenciled on the arrows. 

Then I stamped my piecharts (that stamp is from Paper Bakery Kits) and embellished my card. I really like how it turned out!! Practice makes mixed media perfect! LOL

Smile and Be Happy! :) 
-Heather

6 comments:

MarLeah Beverage said...

And it turned out gorgeous! And, actually the fact that you made it mixed media didn't go un-noticed! When I was looking at the card I was like, "Hey, she painted and really layered it up!" :)

ericarose said...

Wow this card is fabulous!! So many fun layers!! I have never thought to just pour on some color! I am going to give this a try!! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Paper Wings Productions!!

Sarah said...

Wow! This card is stunning! I love all the different colours and that pie chart from the Paper Bakery is one of my favs!!

katie said...

This card is so bright and happy!

ericarose said...

Congrats Heather Adams!! You are Paper Wings Productions Feature Fan for April!!! Please email me at medga902@hotmail.com to receive your discount code to the Paper Wings Productions online shop!!! Your photo will be featured on our Facebook page and Instagram! Congrats!!

Sandy Ang said...

what a wonderful collage design