My Collections

Thursday, April 3, 2014

SFTIO: An Art Journaling Page

 Yay! I kinda love Thursdays. I love sharing my SFTIO projects with you! :)

So here's my favorite project I made this month (I always like sharing my favorite projects first). It's an art journal page. My lovely friend Katie made me an art journal for Christmas and I am SO enjoying creating pages now and then to put in my journal! 




I'm still not quite sure how to photograph my art journal pages, but anywho…

Creating art journal pages are so fun for me because it's a time that I kinda let myself go. If I don't like my page, I just keep doing stuff to it until I do. On this page, I watercolored the arrows with the stencil included in the kit and I noticed that there was a lot of white space. I didn't like it. So… I used the Tumbled Glass distress paint (also in the kit) and a small paint brush to paint around the arrows. It added some beautiful color to the page and solved my problem of too much white space! That blue color is so pretty. I used it on every single one of my pages this month. :)

Art makes me so happy. I'm not saying that I know everything about it or that I'm the best artist, but that's just it. I am an artist. I can create whatever I want and it's ok. :) It's all about celebrating my maybe not-so artistic talents, right? I'm going along with the kit this month: CELEBRATE. ;)

Hope you enjoyed my art page! Check out more about this particular project on the SFTIO blog today! :)

-Heather

3 comments:

katie said...

Ohhh, I love it, Heather! The pretty colors of the background looks so good with the bold black and white quote. :)

Megan D said...

Beautiful work Heather!

Heather said...

From one Heather to another - well done! I love Dr. Seuss quotes, but the color choices are all you!!! Love this page.
Just tweeted this!